Linear Electronic Circuits
Course Code: B82004Y
Course Name: Linear Electronic Circuits
Lecture Time: 30 sessions, 2 hours/session
The course of linear electronic circuit is the major basic course of electronic, information and communication. Through the analysis and design of the basic circuit, feedback amplifying circuit, frequency characteristic, integrated circuit and so on, the students systematically master the basic principles and basic concepts of electronic circuits. The working principles of various functional circuits and the methods of analysis and designs are used to cultivate students' ability to analyze problems, solve problems and engineering calculation, and the ability of scientific thinking, experimental research and scientific induction, so that students can set up the engineering standpoint of theory with practice. The process of learning to set up the necessary foundation for the students to implement and follow up the electronic system in the future.
Through the learning of this course, students can learn several methods of analysis and calculations of linear electronic circuits, and be able to skillfully apply these methods to complete the analysis of actual circuits.
1) Understand the conduction mechanism of semiconductor, PN junction and its characteristics, and master the working principles, characteristics and parameters of diode, bipolar transistor and MOSFET.
2) Master diode, bipolar transistor and FET big signal and small signal model. Master the meaning of the basic parameters of the model.
Master the analysis methods of diode voltage regulator circuit, limiter circuit and clamping circuit.
1) Master the circuit composition, working principle, static and dynamic analysis methods and main performance characteristics of three basic configuration amplifiers composed of Bipolar Junction Transistor and MOSFET.
2) Master graphic analysis and equivalent circuit analysis, and simplify the circuit according to the engineering approximation.
3) Master the concept and basic analysis methods of gain, input and output impedance and frequency characteristics of amplifier.
4) Master the working principle and analysis methods of active load amplifier and multistage amplifier.
5) Understand the performance requirements of the power amplifier and the main factors that affect the output power and efficiency of the power amplifier.
6) Understand the characteristics of class a power amplifier, and master the circuit composition, working principle, analysis method and performance characteristics of class B push-pull power amplifier.
7) Master the relationship power amplifier between output power, efficiency, nonlinear distortion and device operation status, load and circuit form. Master the calculation of output power and efficiency.
8) Master the circuit composition and working principle of differential amplifier, as well as the analysis methods and performance characteristics of small signal and large signal.
9) Master the use of computer software for transistor and FET circuit model parameter setting and basic analysis methods.
1) Master the concept of negative feedback and identify the type of feedback in negative feedback circuit.
2) Master the influence of negative feedback on the performance of amplifying circuit and the conditions to produce these effects.
3) Master the engineering estimation method of deep negative feedback amplifier.
4) Understand the stability and phase compensation method of the negative feedback amplifying circuit.
1) Master the basic concepts and analysis methods of circuit frequency.
2) Master the high-frequency small signal models and applications of BJT and FET.
3) Master the analysis method of high frequency characteristics of single tube common emission circuit, and understand the high-frequency characteristics of common base and common set.
4) Understand the low frequency characteristic analysis method of single tube common emitter circuit.
5) Understand the high frequency characteristic analysis method of common source JFET.
1) Understand the process characteristics and circuit characteristics of IC.
2) Master the block diagram and basic characteristics of the operational amplifier circuit. Understand the main performance indicators of integrated op amp.
3) Master the structure, working principle and analysis method of current source circuit commonly used in operational amplifiers, and understand the constant voltage source circuit.
4) Understand the internal circuit structure and working principle of the general bipolar and MOS operational amplifiers.
1) Master the analogue operation circuit analysis method composed of operational amplifier and analog multiplier.
2) Master the working principle and application of the voltage comparator.
3) Master the composition, working principle and analysis method of the multivibrator.
Topics and Schedule
1. Semiconductor diode and diode circuit (6 hours)
1.2 Basic knowledge of semiconductors, PN junction.
1.3 Characteristics and model of semiconductor diode.
1.4 Semiconductor diode circuit and its application.
2. Bipolar Junction Transistor and their amplifying circuits. (18 hours)
2.1 The composition and working principle of Bipolar Junction Transistor (1 hour)
2.2 Characteristics and models of Bipolar Junction Transistor.（2 hours）
2.3 Working principle and analysis method of basic amplifying circuits.
2.4 Current source circuit and its application.
2.5 Differential amplifier circuit.
2.6 Power amplifier circuit.
2.7 Multistage amplifier circuit.
Midterm examination (2 Hours);
3. MOSFET and its amplifying circuit (6 Hours)
3.1 The composition, working principle and model of MOSFET and JFET.
3.2 Analysis of working principle and circuit parameters of MOSFET amplifier circuit.
4. Frequency characteristic of amplifying circuit (8 Hours)
4.1 Analysis method of frequency characteristic.
4.2 Analysis of high frequency characteristics of basic amplifying circuit.
4.3 Analysis of low frequency characteristics of common emitter amplifier.
5. Feedback amplifying circuit. (8 Hours)
5.1 The basic concept of feedback and the method of judging feedback polarity.
5.2 The effect of negative feedback on the performance of amplifier circuit.
5.3 Analysis method of deep negative feedback amplifying circuit.
5.4 Stability analysis of negative feedback amplifying circuit.
6. Analog integrated circuit and its application. (12 Hours)
6.1 The composition and basic characteristics of integrated operational amplifier.
6.2 The main parameters of integrated operational amplifier.
6.3 In phase and inverting amplifying circuits of integrated operational amplifiers.
6.4 Analog operation circuit of integrated operational amplifier.
6.5 Voltage comparator.
6.6 Rectangular wave generator, triangular wave generator and saw tooth wave generator.
6.7 Application of analog multiplier.
Regular Grade: 20%;
Midterm examination: 20%;
Final examination (Closed-book written examination) : 60％;
Bao-Ling Liu, Fundamentals of Electronic Circuits, Second Edition, Higher Education Press, 2013.5.
 Bao-Ling Liu, Learning Guide for Fundamentals of Electronic Circuits and Communication Electronic Circuits, Second Edition, Higher Education Press, 2009.5.