ABOUT RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FOR NEW STUDENTS
1. New students holding an X visa must apply for a residence permit to the Administrative Department of the Entry and Exit of Foreigners within 30 days from the date of entry in China. Those who exceed the specified time will be punished in accordance with relevant Chinese laws for illegal residence.
2. To apply for residence permit in China, the international students need to bring the following materials to the Administrative Department of the Entry and Exit of Foreigners:
Foreigners are required to complete accommodation registration procedure within 24 hours at the local police station (for those who live outside campus) or the Student Dormitory Service Center (for those who live on campus) after arrival and get the Temporary Residence Registration Form.
Note: It will take about one month to get your passport back. If you have to apply for extension of stay or more entries for your visa, it will take about 3 weeks to get your passport back. During this time period, you cannot travel outside China. You should better take it into consideration.
ABOUT RESIDENCE PERMIT EXTENSION
Step 1. Apply to International Students Office for Extension Application Form
Please send the following to email@example.com (pdf or image) 2 month before expiration date of the current residence permit. If it is going to expire during July 10th to September 10th, please apply for extension application form before summer holiday.
1) Passport ID page
2) Current residence permit page
3) Last entry seal
4) Local police station registration form
ISO will inform you to pick up the required documents after they are approved by the online system.
Step 2. Apply to the Exit and Entry Administration for Extension
2) one 2-inch photo
3) Temporary Residence Registration Form
4) Residence Permit Application Form issued from ISO
Office Name: Administrative Department of the Entry and Exit of Foreigners, Beijing Public Security Bureau 北京市公安局出入境管理处
Office Address：No.2, Andingmen Dong Dajie, East District, Beijing
Tel: 84020101 Time:8:30—16:30 , from Monday to Saturday
Ways to get there:（It takes about one and half hours.）
Starting Point: University of Chinese Academy of Sciences 中国科学院大学
Walk to the Bus Stop: Bao fu si qiao nan zhan 保福寺桥南站 Take Bus 660
Get off the bus at Bus Stop (9 stops): An hui qiao dong zhan安慧桥东change Bus 16
Get off the bus at Bus Stop (9 stops): Dong zhi men xiao jie bei kou东直门小街北口站Walk to the Administrative Department (about 220 m)