The KAUST-UCAS Dual Degree Program, established in 2011, nurtures future leaders and advances scientific knowledge and learning at the highest level. The program enables outstanding master's and PhD level candidates to study both at KAUST and at UCAS, and to earn two degrees - one from each university.
From left: KAUST Provost, Professor Stefan Catsicas; KAUST President, Prof. Choon Fong Shih; UCAS President, Prof. BaiChunli; and UCAS Executive Vice President, Prof. Deng Yong sign the agreement for the Dual Degree Program.
KAUST - Through Inspiration, Discovery
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) engages students, researchers, and faculty in advancing science and technology through collaborative inquiry of regional and global significance. KAUST is committed to cutting edge research in the globally significant areas of water, food, energy and the environment, and emphasizes research on computational science. The University's long-term concentration in these areas attracts world-class faculty, students, and researchers who share this commitment.
WHY CHOOSE KAUST?
KAUST is a graduate-level research university located on the shores of the Red Sea in Saudi Arabia. The University's new facilities with state-of-the-art technology offer an ideal setting to study and to conduct high-impact research.
• World-class faculty directs the University's talented students, researchers, and postdocs
• Research Centers provide an environment that encourages targeted goal-oriented research
• Guaranteed funding ensures continuity and the highest quality research in water, food, energy and the environment
• Core facilities include Advanced Nanofabrication, Imaging, and Characterization (microscopy, NMR, thin films); Bioscience (genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics); Supercomputing (Shaheen-IBM Blue Gene); and Visualization (3D display environment, virtual reality)
• Extensive collaboration with industrial partners encourages internships that lead to job opportunities for graduates
• Attractive residential campus enhances research and quality of life
KAUST offers degrees in 11 fields of study within three academic divisions.
• Biological and Environmental Sciences and Engineering: Bioscience; Environmental Science and Engineering; Marine Science.
• Computer, Electrical and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering: Applied Mathematics and Computational Science; Computer Science; Electrical Engineering.
• Physical Sciences and Engineering: Chemical and Biological Engineering; Chemical Science; Earth Science and Engineering; Materials Science and Engineering; Mathematical Engineering.
KAUST Fellowships include
· Full tuition support
· Travel expenses
· Monthly stipend
· Medical insurance
English Language Requirement
Since KAUST is an English language institution, all students need to meet the minimum requirements for English:
79 on the TOEFL IBT (internet based test) or 6.0 on the IELTS test.
For some applicants who are unable to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores KAUST may conduct their own English assessments.
Admissions Procedures and Timelines
For an application or further inquiries please contact:
UCAS Contact Person: Ms. XIA Yu