Vacant Positions for English Language Instructors
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) is a higher education institution established with the approval of the Ministry of Education, mainly focusing on graduate education. The predecessor of UCAS was the Graduate School of Chinese Academy of Sciences (GSCAS), which was founded in 1978 as the first graduate school in China by approval of the State Council.
Based on the high-level research advantages and high-level human resources of CAS, UCAS has four campuses in Beijing. At present, there are 41,216 graduate students studying at UCAS, among whom half are PhD students.
UCAS has a highly qualified faculty team consisting of teachers and supervisors from UCAS faculties and CAS institutes and a first-class scientific research environment for students to fulfill scientific research. At present, UCAS has 12,658 academic supervisors, including 330 CAS and/or CAE members and 6,185 doctoral supervisors.
Applications for the position of teaching English at UCAS are welcome.
1. Native-speaker of English with Bachelor's Degree or above
2. Candidates with teaching or relative experiences at least 2 years
Up to sixteen class hours per week, teaching, speaking and written English for non-English major Ph. D, master's students or undergraduate students.
1. 10 months' Salary + 1 month paid leave in August or February ( before tax 6500+ RMB )
2. Free apartment with necessary furniture and home appliances on the UCAS campuses. 4500 RMB (before tax) as a housing allowance each month will be provided if living out of the campus.
3. Cost of single or return flight(s) allowance.
4. Visa application allowance (application for Residence permit for you in China)
5. Length of contract (The contract usually for one academic year starting from Sept.1st to Jul. 31st or Mar. 1st to Jan.31st. )
6. Free medical insurance (UCAS will buy a one year medical insurance, which covers a maximum of 400,000 RMB medical treatment insurance each year)
7. Covered medical care of RMB 5000 at a maximum per year at the appointed BMI (Basic Medical Insurance) assigned hospital in accordance with China's medical system.
8. Each year, foreign instructors will be treated several formal meals during some legal holidays.
Coordinator: Mr. Wang Jingwei
International Affairs Office
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: 19A Yuquanlu, Beijing, 100049, China
Telephone: +86 10 8825 6140 Fax: +86 10 8825 6207