Time table of applying for a work (Z) visa at UCAS
|What you need||Where to go||How long|
|I外国人来华工作许可Work Permit||Beijing Administration of Foreign Expert Affairs||5+10 work days|
|II工作签证 Work (Z) Visa ( Valid only for 30 days )||Chinese embassies and consulates||3-5 work days|
|III外国专家证（文教类）Foreign Expert Certificate||Beijing Administration of Foreign Expert Affairs||5 work days|
|IV居留许可Residence Permit (One year multiple entry visa )||Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Beijing Municipal||10 work days|
IV Residence Permit
After a long process, you currently have the Foreign Expert Certificate, physical examination authentication (You will receive two copies from Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center, one for Foreign Expert Bureau, the other for Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Beijing Municipal), please bring the following documents to Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Beijing Municipal:
1. Recommendation letter of applying for a residence permit from IAO of UCAS including the following information: name, job title, passport number, responsibility, term of contract and the official seal of IAO of UCAS. Please see the template form in the attachment 1. Please contact IAO or your Chinese colleague at school of UCAS. We will write this letter for you;
2. Valid passport or other international travel certificates;
3. Valid Registration Form of Temporary Residence for Visitors issued by police station of the temporary residence or hotels in Beijing;
4. Completely filled VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo and official seal of the Unit. Please fill in the application form in black ink or sign pen.
The inviting units should register and submit relevant certification in accordance with the law. Please see the attachment 2.
5. Certifications including employment permit certification of foreign experts and residence permit for studying and working abroad issued by the competent department of human resources or foreign expert office.
6. Spouse visa for residence permit. Foreigners who enter into China with non-Z visa should submit verification materials by Chinese Embassy in accordance with the introduction condition and requirement of foreign high-level talents and professional personnel in urgent need of China determined by competent department of Chinese government. If spouse visa is applied in China, a verification of relationship prove has to be provided from relevant foreign embassies in China.
7. Foreigners who are more than 18 years old and apply for residence permit for the first time should submit health certificate issued by Beijing entry-exit health and quarantine department (or the Beijing international travel health care center).
8. Original copy of physical examination authentication in Beijing International Travel Healthcare Center.
Contact person: Mr. Wang Jingwei
International Affairs Office, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), 19A Yuquan Road, Beijing, China, 100049
Tel: +86 10 88256140 +86 13811178403
What you do: Bring all original copies to Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Beijing Municipal. And you have to come by yourself if this is a first application. The photo collection of yours is required. Please be noted that after you get your residence permit, please go to the local police station or hotel to claim a new Registration Form of Temporary Residence with new visa info.
What we do: Prepare the recommendation letter and make sure your application approved, it will take 10 work days to get your residence permit. The application of residence permit will be reimbursed by UCAS.
Where is Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Beijing Municipal and what they can do for you? http://www.bjgaj.gov.cn/web/index.html
More info about visa in China, please visit: