Hand book for working at UCAS (2016) ---Work (Z) Visa 工作签证篇

Time table and procedure of applying a Z visa

What you need Where to go How long
I外国人来华工作许可Work Permit Beijing Administration of Foreign Expert Affairs 5+10 work days
II工作签证 Work (Z) Visa ( Valid only for 30 days ) Chinese embassies and consulates 3-5 work days
III外国专家证(文教类)Foreign Expert Certificate Beijing Administration of Foreign Expert Affairs 5 work days
IV居留许可Residence Permit (One year multiple entry visa ) Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Beijing Municipal 10 work days

Work (Z) Visa

Even you can apply your Z visa in any Chinese embassy or consulate including Office of the Commissioner of The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The People's Republic of China in the Hong Kong or Macau Special Administrative Region, we still suggest that you apply your Z Visa in the office of where your current residence is located in. Please visit the official website of the Chinese embassy or consulate before you go to apply your Z visa. Usually, you will receive the following documents from us by an express delivery:

1. Invitation letter of Duly Authorized Unit, this letter will be provided by the responsible person from the school or college where you will work for. He or she will apply the letter for you under the description in the following website, http://english.ucas.ac.cn/index.php/join/work-at-ucas/553-visa/2000-applying-for-a-f-visa, usually Invitation letter of Duly Authorized Unit for F visa and Z visa will follow the same process, what we need from you is:  

a. the scan copy of your passport ID page,

b. the scan copy of your possible work visa in China before (You don’t need to provide the visa page if this is the first Z visa application),

c. the scan copy of the contract in Chinese version,

d. the recommendation letter from the school or college, attachment1.

What you do is provide us the scan page of a and b,

What we do is to prepare the rest, apply the Invitation letter of Duly Authorized Unit for you, and send all the request documents to you in your previous oversea’s address by an express delivery.  

It will usually take 1 or 2 weeks for us to prepare Invitation letter of Duly Authorized Unit for you. 


2. Work permit

Please be noted that all we did for the work permit application is to get this document for you. Please keep the scan page of this document, the original copy of this document will be given to the officer from the Chinese embassy or consulate. 


3. Business Licence I from UCAS

4. Business Licence II from UCAS

The Business License I and II will be claimed from the President’s office, attachment 2

We hereby again remind you that please bring all the documents mentioned above that we send to you and visit the official website where you will apply your Z visa to double check that you have all the documents available, or your application will be delayed.

The Z visa in China usually has 30 days validation since you enter the Chinese territory. As long as, you enter in China, you will have to change your Z visa to a residence permit (a multiple entry visa in China) within 30 days. Later, we will let you know how to apply a residence permit in Beijing.




1     中科院授权的被授权官方邀请函。



2     外国专家来华工作许可(保存复印件,供申请外籍专家证时使用)


4  中国科学院大学组织机构代码证复印件(加盖公章)