Founded in Beijing 1978, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) is the first graduate school in China. Backed by about 110 national research institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), UCAS is the most comprehensive and prestigious post-graduate educationinstitution in China, covering almost all the fields in science and 90% engineering. In 2014, UCAS began to recruit undergraduates.
As of 2018, there are about 49,000students at UCAS, among whom half are PhD students.
UCAS’ committed faculty is comprised of over 300 Members of Chinese Academy of Sciences and of Chinese Academy of Engineering and 11,000 academic supervisors dedicated to postgraduate education.
Applications are invited for the position of teaching English at UCAS.
REQUIREMENTS Native-speaker of English with Bachelor's Degree or above
Candidates with teaching or relative experiences at least 2 years
English teacher qualification certificate (More than 160 class hours teaching experience)
TEACHING COMMITMENTS No more thaneighteen class-hours per week, teaching, speaking and written English for non-English majored Ph. D, Master’s students and undergraduate students.
BENEFITS (Average annual income from about 120k to 200k+ based on teaching hours) (1) 11 months' Salaries for 10 months work.
(2) Free apartment with necessary furniture and home appliances at the UCAS campuses. 8000 RMB (before tax) as a housing allowance each month will be provided for those living out UCAS campus.
(3) Single or return flight(s) allowance, depending on academic degrees.
(4) Visa application fees.
(5) Free medical insurance (which covers a maximum of 400,000 RMB medical care each year) and social insurance in China.
(6) Covered clinical medical care of RMB 5000 at a maximum per year at the appointed BMI (Basic Medical Insurance) assigned hospital
(7) 2000 RMBtravel allowance in winter or summer holiday during contracted period.
(8) Subsidy for the teaching at Yanqihu Campus, at Huairou.
Coordinator: Mr. Zhang Zhihan
International Affairs Office
The University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: 19A Yuquanlu, Beijing, 100049, China
Telephone: +86 10 88256424 Fax: +86 10 88256207
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (for questions concerning non-teaching affairs)
email@example.com (for questions concerning teaching affairs)